There will be 5 majors teams, 60 kids:
5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 24, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 36, 37, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47, 50, 51, 55, 56, 59, 60, 62, 63, 64, 66, 67, 69, 70, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 79, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, 105, 107, 111, 112, 113, 114
We are still short head coaches. Unless we get an influx of registrants before midnight on Monday, there will be 5 minors teams of which I have a head coach for 1 team. Please consider volunteering to coach your child's team.
Coaches should receive their rosters early next week, at which point they should contact everyone on their team. If you have not heard from your child's coach by 05/11, please contact your grade level commissioner.
As of 12:30pm today, there are still tryouts tonight.
Results from tryouts will be posted by the end of the day on Friday, May 3rd.
The following numbers will be placed on a majors team and do not need to participate in tryouts on Monday, April 29th.
55, 60, 64, 70, 76, 79, 84, 91, 98, 99, 107, 113
For everyone else, we will plan on seeing you on Monday night at RBC (pending weather conditions).
There was some frustration voiced last night from the 6:30pm group that we didn't have enough volunteers. RYBA is a volunteer organization that relies on parent volunteers: to be board members, to run this house program (I do not get paid in anyway to do this), to help with tryouts, to coach. Going into tryouts yesterday afternoon, we were short 6 volunteers overall. We needed 5 volunteers alone for the infield station. For the 6:30 group, we had 3 kids (ages 11, 10, and 8) on the field helping the 2 adults running the station. The first thing that was cut due to lack of volunteers was the 2nd hitting station. (A big Thank You to the parent that did step up and help us get the 2nd hitting station running!) We did the best we could with the resources we had. If anyone would like to be part of the solution and volunteer to help us with tryouts on Monday, that is an email I would welcome!
Speaking of volunteers, based on current numbers, we are looking at approximately 10 teams between majors and minors. There are currently only 5 people signed up to be a head coach for grades 6/7. The season will not start on 05/20 if we do not have enough coaching volunteers. Please consider volunteering to coach your child's team.
Due to the forecast, tryouts for tonight are canceled. They will be rescheduled to next Mon 04/29.
Dates and tryout groups have been updated below.
There will be no tryouts for grades 8 and 9. Due to registration numbers, there will be one combined league for grades 8 and 9.
Games will be Mon/Wed.
Tryouts for grades 6/7 will be Wed 04/24 and Mon 04/29 at RBC (pending weather and field conditions). Make up date in case of inclement weather is scheduled for Wed 05/01.
You must have registered your child by 11:59pm on 04/15 to participate in tryouts.
Each participant will need to go through 4 stations: pitching, hitting, infield, outfield. Once complete, you are free to go. There are two nights of tryouts, please plan on attending both nights so we can get a more accurate representation of your child's ability.
All players will be split into two groups.
Group 1: Last names starting with A-M
Group 2: Last names starting with N-Z
Each participant will need to go through 4 stations: pitching, hitting, infield, outfield. Once complete, you are free to go.
Group 2: Check in starting at 5:15pm. Tryouts starting at 5:30pm.
Group 1: Check in starting at 6:15pm. Tryouts starting at 6:30pm.
Group 1: Check in starting at 5:15pm. Tryouts starting at 5:30pm.
Group 2: Check in starting at 6:15pm. Tryouts starting at 6:30pm.
There will not be additional dates for tryouts. If you are unable to attend tryouts on 04/24 or 04/29, you will be placed on a minors team.
If there is a weather cancellation, a decision will be made by 3pm that day. This House Tryouts page will be updated and a mass email will be sent out after that decision has been made.
The tryout rubric is in the PDF listed below.